Version 1.1000 introduced a new field styles arrangement that improved considerably the operation of the graphical environment and makes customisation more extensive and fully cross-platform between Windows, Macintosh OS 9, Macintosh OS 10 and Linux.
Any custom reports or windows you may have need to be migrated to accommodate the new field styles structure. If this is not done, it is very likely that your custom windows and reports will have a most odd appearance.
Migrating Field Styles to V1.10 Standard
After copying your custom classes into the new OpenVision.lbs you should follow the following procedure:
- Locate the window called wFixStylesV110 in the OPENVISION class browser.
- Right Click on it and select the Open Window context menu command.
- When the window opens, click on the Reset Field Styles button and confirm the warning with a Yes.
- On completion, a Trace Log window will open which may list problems encountered. It would be a good idea to print this as where errors are encountered you will have to fix the styles manually.
- Close the Trace Log and the window.
- You may wish to check the visual appearance of windows and reports and amend as needed.
- After this you should re-copy your custom classes into your ProgCode.usa file using the Change Management System Class Mover.
Compiled in Program Version 5.10. Help data last modified 25 May 2004 13:21:00.00. No class.