For a general introduction to the operation of the Linked Files System see the Introduction topic.
This window will open if you have a currently selected linkable data record, of a type using the wLinkAcrobat class, and you operate the ScratchPads — Open Link (F11 key) menu function or you click on the link icon.
The window contains the Display Window Toolbar.
WINDOWS ONLY: This window will only operate on Windows operating system.
For this window to operate you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader V7.0 (see customisation below).
The primary object within the window is the Acrobat ActiveX component.
If the window fails to display anything it is possible that the ActiveX registry entries are miss-aligned. To re-establish the Acrobat ActiveX open the wLinkAcrobat window class in OpenVision and select the Acrobat object in the window.
- If it is not showing a matrix of Acrobat icons, delete it (using the Del key).
- Switch to the Component Store and if there is no ActiveX tool, right click and select External Components.
- Expand the ActiveX branch of the tree list and select Acrobat Control for ActiveX (the precise name may be different on your computer).
- You will then need to set the Pre-Load Status to Opening ‘OPENVISION’ (this will become irrelevant in Vision but it is necessary to have the ActiveX available in OpenVision for you to add it to a window).
- Confirm with an Ok and the External Components window will close.
- Now click on the ActiveX tool on the Component Store toolbar and the Acrobat component will show below.
- Drag the Acrobat icon onto the wLinkAcrobat window and resize it to fill the available window.
- Set the following properties: $name = Acrobat (very important), $edgefloat = kEFrightBottom and $effect = kBorderChisel.
- Close the design window and copy it to Vision for testing.
In the $LoadFile class method of the window is the following Do command which is the sole method called to load the file into the Acrobat Reader Component:
|See also: –|
Compiled in Program Version 5.10. Help data last modified 4 Jun 2012 04:48:00.00. Class wLinkAcrobat last modified 10 Oct 2017 11:48:20.